All Star Glass Makes A Commitment To Go Green
In addition to replacing and repairing auto glass, All Star Glass is doing its best to go green in its 30 locations within California. Here’s what they are doing that you should know about:
- In partnership with SDG&E and Professional Energy Consultants in their San Diego based call center and headquarters, they've replaced their fluorescent light fixtures and bulbs with more efficient ones, installed motion detection outside lights and replaced old refrigerators to reduce their carbon footprint.
- 7,500 of their customers were given recycled cloth tote bags to encourage going green as many of their communities are banning plastic bags that clog our landfills.
- All of their offices and stores are encouraged to “flip the switch” when rooms and areas are empty.
- They no longer print as many copies of their paperwork but store them electronically. Reducing the amount of paper printed saves money, time, energy and trees! One ton (that’s 400 reams or 200,000 sheets) of regular office paper uses 24 trees.
- Their employees are trying to use fewer paper cups by bringing from home a coffee mug or tea cup. They keep drinking water available to reduce the use of individual water bottles. This results in less plastics being consumed.
- Live plants are kept in their offices to reduce the indoor pollution and carbon dioxide. Plus, they add color and brightness to their surroundings.
- Articles, charts and documents for meetings are emailed to participants as PDF files to minimize printing on paper. Documents and files are no longer necessary, they shred them using a local reputable waste company to prevent them from clogging our landfills.
Little things can make a big difference whether yours is a small or big office. With 35 years of serving California, it is important to All Star Glass to protect our environment and natural resources. Learn more about All Star Glass at
About All Star Glass
Not all auto glass businesses are created the same. The All Star Glass team has all proper credentials to do business in the state of California and is fully insured. Each of the company’s 30 auto glass centers has business licenses for its area and complies with all requirements for the Bureau of Automotive Repairs. All technicians have passed pre-employment criminal background checks and drug testing, as well as in-house training specifications and certification by urethane and glass manufacturers. Our products, vehicles and employees are fully insured.